Dilution and usage instructions
Use colour coding below as a guide for dilution and usage instructions for the Jik 101 uses
Add 1 cup (250ml) of JIK to 1L of water. Wash the affected areas and rinse after 1 minute.
Add 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of JIK to 5 litres of water. Wash the necessary areas and rinse after 30seconds
Add 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of JIK to 5 litres of water. Soak stained items for 5-15 minutes. Rinse and wash the detergent as usual.
Add 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of JIK to bucket containing 10 litres of water. Soak whites and colourfast materials for 10-15 minutes, rinse and wash in detergent as usual.
Mix 1/2 a cup of JIK to 5 litres of water - soak for 10-15 minutes once desired effect is created.
Other - dilution and usage instructions included in use details.
1. It is said that a dog is a man’s best friend. Use JIK to disinfect the inside of your dog kennel to give your companion the germ free environment he/she deserves (Not to be used on wooden surfaces.)
2. Braai’s may attract germs because of the food that remains on the grid. Use JIK to sanitise your braai grid before your next get together.
3. Cooler boxes may sometimes remain closed and untouched after use. Use JIK to disinfect and remove germs that may cause lingering odours.
4. Plastic garden furniture is often subjected to nature's harsh elements. Use JIK to disinfect as well as remove any mould or mildew build-ups from your plastic garden furniture.
5. Jacuzzis are the ideal place for germs to spread. When cleaning use JIK to disinfect this area thoroughly.
6. Your cat demands the highest standards. Use JIK to disinfect your cats litter box to prevent the spread of germs.
7. Don't neglect your pets grooming brushes. Soak in JIK to disinfect all dog and cat grooming brushes. Rinse thoroughly and allow the brushes to dry before use.
8. The inside of your car may be clean but is it disinfected? Use JIK to wipe your plastic dashboard ensuring it is not only clean but disinfected. Be sure to use JIK on non-bleach sensitive items only.
9. Steering wheels and gear levers are touched and handled constantly when driving. Use JIK to wipe & disinfect non-bleach sensitive items to avoid the spread of germs (Do not use on leather and wooden materials).
10. Sports bottles are regularly handled when exercising. Use JIK to disinfect sport bottles after a heavy workout to reduce the spread of germs. Rinse thoroughly before use.
11. To ensure your dogs bowls are clean use JIK when cleaning to disinfect and sanitise.
12. Give yourself that lasting smile. Whiten your dentures using JIK. Soak your dentures for 5 minutes and rinse thoroughly before use.
13. Musical instruments are often a catalyst for creativity and inspiration. Use JIK to wipe your musical instruments to keep them hygienically clean (Do not use on wood, leather or any other bleach sensitive items).
14. When purchasing second-hand goods, ensure they are disinfected and germ free by using JIK to clean & disinfect non-bleach sensitive items.
15. We touch and handle our mobile phones on a daily basis so it is important to disinfect them by wiping them down with JIK. Important note: do not over wet the cell phone as it will damage it.
16. You may use a broom and mop daily to clean your home but are these items actually clean? After cleaning your floors, use JIK to clean & disinfect broom and mop heads.
17. Use JIK to disinfect baby bottles and dummies. Be sure to dilute and soak in warm water before use.
18. Plastic kitchen gloves are often used for unpleasant household work. Use JIK to wipe & disinfect your gloves ensuring that they are clean and germ free.
19. Your plastic beach sandals may be comfortable but are they disinfected? Use JIK to disinfect plastic beach sandals, while also preventing the build up of mould and mildew.
1. Make sure your garden tools receive the care they deserve. Use JIK to sanitize your garden tools before and after use.
2. Pots for your plants may allow for the growth of mould and mildew. Use JIK to wipe down your pots to remove any unwanted build ups.
3. Standing water is the ideal spot for insect eggs. Add JIK to water features to kill any unwanted insect eggs.
4. Mould and mildew may gather on bricked, concrete and stone surfaces. Use JIK to remove unwanted mould and mildew on your brick, concrete and stone walkways.
1. Use JIK to create a tie dye shirts (1/2 cup of JIK in 5 litres of water).
2. Did you know that JIK is used to bleach paper white? For a creative scrapbooking tool use JIK to fade coloured paper giving them a different contrast. Once dry cut paper in different shapes and sizes to create the desired effects. To try this mix 1/2 cup of JIK in 5 litres water.
1. You can use JIK to disinfect your swimming pool. Use 5 litres of JIK per 50 000 litres of water for the same effect as a leading pool chlorine.
2. Did you know that JIK can be used to purify water? Leave water to stand to allow particles to settle. Pour water into a clean container. Add a capful of REGULAR JIK to 25L of water. Mix thoroughly and allow water to stand for 1 hour before use.