Dilution and usage instructions
Use colour coding below as a guide for dilution and usage instructions for the Jik 101 uses
Add 1 cup (250ml) of JIK to 1L of water. Wash the affected areas and rinse after 1 minute.
Add 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of JIK to 5 litres of water. Wash the necessary areas and rinse after 30seconds
Add 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of JIK to 5 litres of water. Soak stained items for 5-15 minutes. Rinse and wash the detergent as usual.
Add 1/4 cup (62.5ml) of JIK to bucket containing 10 litres of water. Soak whites and colourfast materials for 10-15 minutes, rinse and wash in detergent as usual.
Mix 1/2 a cup of JIK to 5 litres of water - soak for 10-15 minutes once desired effect is created.
Other - dilution and usage instructions included in use details.
1. A kitchen is a popular area for all members of the family to prepare food. Use JIK when cleaning to disinfect kitchen floors for a healthy cooking environment.
2. Microwaves may often be overlooked when cleaning allowing for the spread of germs. Use JIK to wipe down & disinfect your microwave from the inside out. Allow to dry thoroughly before use.
3. When preparing food ensure all your plastic cutting boards are germ free by sanitising and disinfecting them with JIK prior to use.
4. Your drains are the perfect breeding ground for germs. Pour JIK down plugholes to disinfect and remove any unpleasant odours.
5. Your kitchen sink is often used to prepare food and clean cutlery and crockery. Ensure your kitchen sink is disinfected by using JIK daily when cleaning.
6. Kitchen garbage cans are an ideal spot for germs to breed. Use JIK to disinfect your cans when emptying the garbage and prevent the spread of germs.
7. Cutlery and crockery is constantly handled by different people in the household. When cleaning your cutlery and crockery add JIK to ensure that they are germ free and disinfected.
8. Countless objects such as food and groceries are put on kitchen counters and tabletops. Use JIK to ensure that these popular surfaces are germ free.
9. Your refrigerator houses majority of your food and so should never be neglected when cleaning. Use JIK to disinfect your fridge by wiping down the doors, edges and fridge top as well.
10. Protect your children from germs. Use JIK when cleaning your children’s high chair to disinfect and prevent the spread of germs and possibly infections.
11. Kettles and other small appliances may sometimes be forgotten when cleaning. Add JIK when wiping down your appliances and make sure to rinse thoroughly before use.
12. Residues are often left on stove tops after cooking and are an ideal breeding ground for germs. Use JIK when cleaning to disinfect your stove counter and stove plates.
13. Can openers may often be used and placed right back in the cupboard without cleaning. Use JIK to wipe and disinfect electric and manual can openers.
14. Ensure every spot in your kitchen is disinfected and germ free. Use JIK when cleaning your kitchen cupboards to disinfect the shelves, door handles and doors.
15. Fruit and vegetables are often left with impurities when store bought - you can wipe your fruit down with JIK when cleaning to ensure that they are disinfected and impurity free.
16. While ordinary disinfectants can take up to 5 minutes to kill germs, JIK has a fast acting action on germs. Use JIK to disinfect in just 30 seconds
1. We use Tupperware to store all kinds of food. When cleaning your Tupperware you can use JIK to remove tough food stains such as curry and tomatoes.
2. Coffee and tea can often leave behind tough stains in our cups and mugs. Use JIK to remove these stubborn stains when cleaning.
3. Many foods can stain our cutlery and crockery. Use JIK to remove all bleachable stains (such as curry, ketchup and blackberry stains) from your cutlery and crockery.
1. Mould and mildew may gather in hidden damp areas such as underneath your kitchen sink. You can use JIK to treat these affected areas and remove all mould and mildew build ups.
1. Keep your laundry room floors hygienically clean. Use JIK when cleaning to ensure your laundry room floors are clean and disinfected.
2. You should clean your laundry basket as often as you clean your clothes. When cleaning the basket add JIK to disinfect and prevent the transfer of germs. JIK should only be used to bleach safe materials.
1. Fruits and their juices are often difficult stains to remove. Use JIK to remove fruit stains such as orange, blackberry and blueberry stains.
2. Don’t let your early morning coffee or tea ruin your favourite work shirt. Use JIK to remove tea and coffee stains on all white and colourfast garments.
3. Curry - although delicious - can be messy. Use JIK to remove tough curry stains from your white and colourfast garments.
4. Don’t let a red wine stain spoil that special occasion. Use JIK to remove red wine on all white and colourfast fabrics.
5. Kids love ketchup but it can get messy - use JIK when those messes occur to remove the stains from your white and colourfast clothes.
6. Perspiration stains can be embarrassing and stubborn to remove. Use JIK to remove all those embarrassing sweat stains from your white and colourfast shirts.
1. Mould and mildew can often be found behind appliances such as dishwashers and washing machines. Use JIK to clean the affected areas to prevent the build up of mould and mildew.
1. You can use JIK to keep your towels white and bright - add JIK when washing your white and colourfast bathroom towels.
2. Keeping your clothes white and bright is easy with JIK. Use JIK on your white and colourfast laundry to keep them white and bright.
3. Use JIK when washing your white and colourfast undergarments to ensure that they are kept brilliantly white and bright.
4. Go to sleep with piece of mind! Use JIK to ensure your white and colourfast linen is disinfected and germ free.
5. Make sure your children's school clothes are something to be proud of. You can keep your children’s' school shirts white and bright with JIK.
6. Don’t let bad odour ruin your favourite outfit or shirt. JIK can be used to remove all perspiration odours from your white and colourfast garments.
7. Did you know that JIK is safe on certain coloured clothing items? Perform a colourfast test by adding 1 teaspoon of JIK to 1/2 cup of water and apply to a hidden part of the garment and leave for 1 minute. If the colour does not change then it is a colourfast item.
8. Dish towels and swabs are used daily when cleaning so are in constant contact with germs. To prevent the spread of germs soak your white or colourfast dish towels and swabs in JIK.
9. It’s easy to notice food stains on white tablecloths. Use JIK to remove all bleachable stains when cleaning your white and colourfast tablecloths.
10. Reusable cloth nappies are cost effective and practical. Use JIK to whiten and brighten your baby's white cloth nappies.
11. Your garments may grey and lose colour over time when washing. Use JIK to prolong the life of your white and colourfast garments.
12. Washing machines are a haven for germs. Adding JIK to at least one wash load a week will help prevent build up of the bio-film in your washer.
1. Toilet seats are a known germ haven. Use JIK weekly to disinfect toilet seats preventing the spread of germs.
2. Toilet handles are sometimes forgotten when cleaning. Remember to disinfect these popular areas by using JIK.
3. Don’t forget the inside of your toilet bowl when cleaning. Use JIK inside the toilet bowl to prevent the spread of germs.
4. If your toilet is germ free, the rest of your bathroom deserves to have the same treatment. Use JIK when cleaning your bathroom floors to disinfect this popular surface.
5. If not disinfected and cleaned properly bathroom dustbins can be a breeding ground for germs. Use JIK when cleaning to disinfect your bathroom dustbin.
6. Your bathroom basin is also a targeted area for germs to spread and even breed. Add JIK when cleaning to disinfect your bathroom basins.
1. Your bathroom sink drain should be disinfected daily. After cleaning the basin pour JIK down the drain to prevent the spread of germs.
1. Bathrooms are known to be damp and humid. Use JIK to remove mould and mildew from your bathroom walls.
2. Clean and sanitise your shower wall with JIK which will prevent the build up of mould and mildew.
3. You can also prevent mould and mildew build up on your shower head, handles and doors in your bathroom.
4. Don't forget the soap holders and shelves when cleaning. These areas can be sanitised easily by using JIK (Be sure to use JIK only on non-bleach sensitive items).
5. Bathroom faucets may get a build-up of mildew, soap scum and toothpaste residue daily. Use JIK regularly when cleaning to disinfect all faucets and taps.
6. Shower mats may often be neglected when cleaning allowing for the build up of dirt and germs. Use JIK to remove germs, leaving your shower mats disinfected and sanitised.
7. Shower curtains and doors are another surface that allow for the spread of germs. Use JIK to disinfect these areas to prevent the spread of germs before your next shower.
8. Just because you clean your teeth daily doesn’t mean your toothbrush is clean. Soak your tooth brush in water with JIK to prevent the build up of germs. Rinse thoroughly before use.
9. Bathroom counter tops and cupboards may be subjected to the build up of mould and mildew - you can use JIK to solve this common problem with ease.
10. No one wants their children to be subjected to the dangers of germs. Use JIK to disinfect your children’s bath toys.
11. Bathroom mirrors may become smudged and dirty. Use JIK to clean and disinfect this surface.
1.To keep your septic tanks hygienically clean use JIK. JIK is safe because bleach breaks down very rapidly, especially when it comes into contact with organic matter so it can be used in septic tanks.
1. It is said that a dog is a man’s best friend. Use JIK to disinfect the inside of your dog kennel to give your companion the germ free environment he/she deserves (Not to be used on wooden surfaces.)
2. Braai’s may attract germs because of the food that remains on the grid. Use JIK to sanitise your braai grid before your next get together.
3. Cooler boxes may sometimes remain closed and untouched after use. Use JIK to disinfect and remove germs that may cause lingering odours.
4. Plastic garden furniture is often subjected to nature's harsh elements. Use JIK to disinfect as well as remove any mould or mildew build-ups from your plastic garden furniture.
5. Jacuzzis are the ideal place for germs to spread. When cleaning use JIK to disinfect this area thoroughly.
6. Your cat demands the highest standards. Use JIK to disinfect your cats litter box to prevent the spread of germs.
7. Don't neglect your pets grooming brushes. Soak in JIK to disinfect all dog and cat grooming brushes. Rinse thoroughly and allow the brushes to dry before use.
8. The inside of your car may be clean but is it disinfected? Use JIK to wipe your plastic dashboard ensuring it is not only clean but disinfected. Be sure to use JIK on non-bleach sensitive items only.
9. Steering wheels and gear levers are touched and handled constantly when driving. Use JIK to wipe & disinfect non-bleach sensitive items to avoid the spread of germs (Do not use on leather and wooden materials).
10. Sports bottles are regularly handled when exercising. Use JIK to disinfect sport bottles after a heavy workout to reduce the spread of germs. Rinse thoroughly before use.
11. To ensure your dogs bowls are clean use JIK when cleaning to disinfect and sanitise.
12. Give yourself that lasting smile. Whiten your dentures using JIK. Soak your dentures for 5 minutes and rinse thoroughly before use.
13. Musical instruments are often a catalyst for creativity and inspiration. Use JIK to wipe your musical instruments to keep them hygienically clean (Do not use on wood, leather or any other bleach sensitive items).
14. When purchasing second-hand goods, ensure they are disinfected and germ free by using JIK to clean & disinfect non-bleach sensitive items.
15. We touch and handle our mobile phones on a daily basis so it is important to disinfect them by wiping them down with JIK. Important note: do not over wet the cell phone as it will damage it.
16. You may use a broom and mop daily to clean your home but are these items actually clean? After cleaning your floors, use JIK to clean & disinfect broom and mop heads.
17. Use JIK to disinfect baby bottles and dummies. Be sure to dilute and soak in warm water before use.
18. Plastic kitchen gloves are often used for unpleasant household work. Use JIK to wipe & disinfect your gloves ensuring that they are clean and germ free.
19. Your plastic beach sandals may be comfortable but are they disinfected? Use JIK to disinfect plastic beach sandals, while also preventing the build up of mould and mildew.
1. Make sure your garden tools receive the care they deserve. Use JIK to sanitize your garden tools before and after use.
2. Pots for your plants may allow for the growth of mould and mildew. Use JIK to wipe down your pots to remove any unwanted build ups.
3. Standing water is the ideal spot for insect eggs. Add JIK to water features to kill any unwanted insect eggs.
4. Mould and mildew may gather on bricked, concrete and stone surfaces. Use JIK to remove unwanted mould and mildew on your brick, concrete and stone walkways.
1. Use JIK to create a tie dye shirts (1/2 cup of JIK in 5 litres of water).
2. Did you know that JIK is used to bleach paper white? For a creative scrapbooking tool use JIK to fade coloured paper giving them a different contrast. Once dry cut paper in different shapes and sizes to create the desired effects. To try this mix 1/2 cup of JIK in 5 litres water.
1. You can use JIK to disinfect your swimming pool. Use 5 litres of JIK per 50 000 litres of water for the same effect as a leading pool chlorine.
2. Did you know that JIK can be used to purify water? Leave water to stand to allow particles to settle. Pour water into a clean container. Add a capful of REGULAR JIK to 25L of water. Mix thoroughly and allow water to stand for 1 hour before use.
1. Children’s toys are an easy target for germs. Use JIK to disinfect all plastic toys.
2. When spring cleaning your bedroom use JIK to disinfect all plastic coated bedroom cupboards (Not to be used on wooden surfaces).
3. Bedside lamps are often neglected when cleaning, use JIK to wipe and disinfect these forgotten surfaces.
4. Make sure your hair is clean! Soak you hairbrushes and combs in JIK to disinfect and prevent the spread of germs.
1. Use JIK to clean and disinfect plastic coated work desks daily to ensure your work environment is clean and sanitary (Do not use on wooden surfaces).
2. Computer peripherals such as your keyboard and mouse may be touched by several individuals in a day. Use JIK to wipe your computer keyboards and mouse thus ensuring they are hygienically clean. Wipe each item lightly and do not over wet.
3. Desktop phones are often forgotten when cleaning, use JIK to wipe and disinfect your phone. Wipe each item lightly and do not over wet.
1. Have you ever taken a closer look at your TV and HiFi remote controls; they are ideal breading grounds for germs. Use JIK to wipe and disinfect your remote controls to ensure you are watching your favourite program with one less worry. Wipe each item lightly and do not over wet.
2. Door knobs and handles are touched daily yet they are seldom cleaned. Use JIK to clean and disinfect these hotspots.
3. Light switches are more than likely touched every night. Use JIK to wipe and disinfect this hidden germ haven.
4. Staircase railings are meant to protect you and your family, but if they are not disinfected they could do more harm than good. Use JIK when cleaning to disinfect your staircase railings.
1. When cleaning fish tanks use JIK to clean and remove mould and mildew.
2. Mould and mildew may build up where there is moisture. Use JIK to remove mould and mildew from all your wall surfaces in your TV room
3. If untreated mould and mildew may build up on your window frames. Use JIK to remove this build up of mould and mildew.